3.01.2005

Prostitutes are cheaper than wives

merry merry march! i'm taking a break from my criminal law outline to update ye olde blog. now i don't know if it was simply the death of February and the promise of spring in 3 WEEKS, or some quality time with a novel, a lot of wine and enough sleep to shake the possibility of hangovers, BUT i am feeling much much better than i've felt in months. much much better. it might just be being home. or the possibility remains that being home reminds me, "at least i don't live here. and teach english at Garfield High." WHICH is NOT TO SAY that teaching isn't noble, and perhaps preferable to my overly sought overly granted JD HOWEVER, living in VA, with MY parents, teaching english to kids who would hate me (because i'm genius (wink wink)) would probably suck my soul out faster that a C&D. (ha ha ha abortion joke.)

Supreme Court made the state's right to kill kids illegal. so that's nice. Scalia, bless his heart, wrote a 24 page dissent. They did use funny logic, and so his dissent harps on their justification that the public want us to stop sentencing kids to death. (if the people wanted to stop sentencing kids to death, the public wouldn't sit still for it. clearly though, everyone is crazy and wants everyone else to die.) and if the court is guarding against majoritairian oppression is the court doing it's job by sidestepping the legislature, doing what the people want before the people do it? Probably not. The way we, socially, as evidenced by our laws, think kids can't consent to sex, but CAN make an informed decision to murder that would be punished by death seems like a more compelling argument. But nevertheless. That's 70 less children America is going to Systematically murder. Pretty fucking hott. HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUSSEF!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

related comments: people keep wishing me a happy birthday. Several people. Which is appropriate b/c my birthday is up and coming.. But i get the impression that people think it's RIGHT NOW, or has been. Not the case people. Consult the stars, my bday is DAYS away.



Hey Homedawg,

Happy apparently upcoming birthday! I regret to inform you however that your application to my buddy list has been denied. I'm simply looking for more diverse applicants. Which reminds me, I came up with a posnerian analysis of affirmative action which proves its inefficiency - I'll tell you all about it.

Anyway, I'll be in Boston for my Jewish spring break in 2 weeks, so I'll be calling you. You can make fun of my girlfriend's wardrobe in person.

Love, Mike

PS Write me an email, tell me about school.  


Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates