3.15.2005

this is going to get old, really quickly

the girl I work with at my lame ass work study job got engaged over the weekend, which means when I’m not doing menial and ridiculous office work, we talk wedding. Now I know that I’m a 23 year old girl, so wedding-talk is supposed to be pretty high on my to-do list, however, I’m kind of sort of not in the mood.

Not that I’ve ever been of the wedding-enthusiastic persuasion. If we all remember the catastrophe of my participation in my sister’s wedding. And I really thought that was all about me not liking my sister’s fiancée/husband. As it turns out, I just think marriage is an ass idea. (No need for you to point out, dear dear reader, that once I’m feeling the crunch of age that I’ll no doubt be hustling down any aisle with any semi-eligible bachelor. I maintain that I will hang onto my values forever, and if I do decide to get married, I’d prefer ridiculously self indulgent Cuba-beach & booze private wedding (who needs to be there besides me?) to ridiculously self indulgent public display of affection party from hell featuring BRIDEZILLA (cast as me) and my whole feuding family, not to mention someone else’s relatives.)

Just seems like a bad idea.

School’s boring and I have SO much work to do today…hopefully, I’ll get on that.



oh le sigh...  


Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates