4.20.2005

Nicotine & Bacteria

I’m all super clean because I just took a long early evening shower where in I shaved and then heavily moisturized. Today was certainly was the first taste of Boston’s summer. And although it did not break 90 degrees, I was uncomfortable in the sweltering law school.

I went to hang out with Tina (my foster care mentee) today post classes. And I don’t want to seem ungrateful, as she seems like a really great kid with some admirable goals and some crazy ambition, but there’s a huge gulf between us. Huge… maybe not insurmountable, but still large enough to make me feel really defeated. Maybe with a little time. Bottom line: there is a very good possibility that she’s a liar, and not a very good one.

But she does do wonders to remind me that I’ve forgotten how hard it is to be 14. As much as I like to revel in everyone’s misunderstanding of intention and inflection, all those things sear more when you’re a 14 year old girl with no idea if you’ll be able to pull off shit with your life. And I guess 23 year old know it all, even with good intentions, seems like a complete ass.

Can’t do anything but try.



Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates