7.19.2005

i miss music.

I’ve got a new growing concern.

A friend of a friend, SaNni’s xbf Ryan specifically, observed, last week that I have a kind of condescending attitude. And he thinks that law school has exasperated the situation. And I’m kind of beginning to think he’s correct. Look, I’ll ruminate on paper, at length.

If you ask me to tell you about me, the first thing I tell you I do is “go to law school.” The first thing I tell you am is, “in law school.” And it’s time consuming, but is it everything I am? Or did it just become who I am, completely at some point. And what sort of monster would I be if I went to Harvard? I’ll write a little play about it:

waitress: did you decide what you want to order?
ME: ME? I go to HARVARD LAW SCHOOL. HARVARD. Have you heard of it?

~FINI~

And it’s time consuming so it makes sense that it’s central. And it’s why I live here. And what I do instead of working or having hobbies. So I think I get it. But:

Is it the first thing I say because I’m asserting something about myself? About my level of education? About my proclivity to pick apart things you say? I always regarded the whole law school student zombie transformation thing with a little shame…. It is something bad and mindless, and not something I wanted to happen to me. But since I’ve clawed my way this far, with minimal effort, am I experiencing pride? Unhealthy down the bridge of my nose pride? And do I really have anything to be proud of? In my mediocrity?



Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates