7.24.2005

I’m having trouble concentrating. I’m at school and I promised myself 6 solid hours of work, after all it is Sunday and 6 hours is a lot of hours for a non workweekday. But I’m failing to concentrate on my statutory exculpatory provisions.

I’m moving this weekend to Cambridge. My new address, you stalker you, is 251 Pearl St, Apartment 3. Cambridge MA, 02139. pretty fun. But I’m going to be unsupervised (roommate-less) in the apartment for two weeks before other people start moving in and I’m kind of scared to live alone. But I also have finals in two weeks. So maybe some uninterrupted study time will do me good. We signed the lease on Thursday. And I am so happy to be done with our schizophrenic unstable wildebeest of rental agent. She’s also an ungrateful bitch. And she’s crazy, did I mention crazy? (Note: my mom found her crazy as well. But my mom, bless her soul, also thought Mari was a lesbian. Not that that explains anything, except, of course, that my mom misattributes the roots of insanity…)

My parents were here all weekend. Was lovely to see them. Besides one little argument over whether I needed an air conditioner, some alarm regarding my wastefulness in not returning kegs on time, and one NASTY fight about Mari the dumb rental agent, we had a lovely time. Hard to explain how much I miss them. And how odd it is that they regard me as all grown up and all on my own. They also conceded that, if I were willignto pay rent and have a job, they would let me move home, even if I decided not to be a lawyer. Which is more supportive than I anticipated. Not that I’m thinking about bailing out. I had just wondered recently, “if push came to shove, what could I do? Do I still have a safety net? Or is it hitchhiking and prostitution by default?”

They also brought up the new lap top my insurance policy bought me. YAY BABY LAPTOP. <3 <3 xoxox. Super super cute, but hard to type on. I’m also experiencing a lot of anxiety about her being stolen… I can’t imagine why.

I finished the sixth potter book last week. Funny thing about potter. It makes me miss you know who more than I should. But everything makes me miss everything these days. And I’m quickly settling on the idea that nostalgia, though fuzzy and soft and good for rainly days, is almost completely without use. I am not who I was, and I am unlikely to ever be the person, with uninterrupted irresponsibility, that I was in college and high school. And my life now, is not an albatross, or a heavy heavy cross. It’s just my life. And lemonade, chin up, and no pits. Right?



Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates