7.04.2005

This PSA was brought to you by the local hoodlums in my neighborhood, Allston.

On Tuesday morning at 3:30 am my apartment was broken in to by god knows who, while I was sleeping. They left with essentially everything I own of value: laptop, digital camera, purse, flash drive expensive new jeans (wtf!?!), essential-to-academic-success-glasses. The immediate effect is that I’m trying out a new more Zen lifestyle. As in, I’m so high minded, I don’t need “things.” The secondary effect is that I’m reeling. As in, wow, enter at will, take what you need and use it to buy crack. Leave me feeling helpless and unsafe. And do it in a college-y neighborhood. Take it from your peers.

Is it fair to characterize all robbers as drug addicts? Are all thieves just people who prey on good fortune for an easy high? Probably not. But does it matter why you steal? Or from whom? And why is my karma so fucking bad?

I went to the cape on Thursday to decompress for a few days with merissa’s family. Which was lovely. I love her (and her family). And the end result is that I’m feeling a little more grounded, and a lot more tan.

School is ass. ASS ASS ASS. Just a lot of work. This summer was supposed to be so, so wonderful. And it’s just feeling really really awful. I have a dentist appointment this week, where I will be told that I have 43785 cavities. And then I will have to have all of my teeth removed. And then I will have dentures. And the only upside I can think of dentures revolves around a story john hunter once told me about a friend of his who has dentures AND an oral sex move she calls “the gummer.” It doesn’t sound fun to keep your teeth in a glass of water next to your bed, but I’m sure it can be. NOTE: I don’t actually tin I have any cavities.

IN other exciting news. This September I will be spending 11 weeks in Philadelphia!! Working as a judical clerk for the US district Court of Eastern PA, for Chief Judge James Giles. Wonderful wonderful opportunity. Guaranteed QT with kirschykins and sarah iller. And perhaps a much needed rest from Boston, a city hell bent on breaking my heart.

In other exciting news. I’m getting a new ACL!! Woooooooooooooo! Yes, after 3 year break, the “repair jenni’s knee from that time she played rugby” project will resume on August 16. so if you want to visit Boston while I’m bed ridden and in a WORSE mood than usual, please buy your tickets today.

Back to my paper about teen sexual rights in Massachusetts. The age of consent is 16, in case you’re hanging around a playground looking fro some play of your own. Wink wink. Massachusetes: where 16 REALLY WILL get you 20 (years).



Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates