10.18.2005

i expect a brace of bluebirds and singing dwarves at any moment ...

Sarah took me to an itty bitty farmer’s market that was all organic and semi-Amish when she picked me up from ye ol’ court house of doom. we went late fall vegetable crazy, and stocked up, on yumminess and then made dinner. And except for a little kitchen fire caused by general unfamiliarity with this particular oven, we did really really well. Further, we resisted the temptation to buy expensive organic pumpkins, for carving purposes.

I’ve been thinking a lot about Christmas. For no reason. Except general tree and twinkling light fever. I think 251 pearl is going to have a tree this year. A grand tree, with pine-y goodness. And then we’re going to have a Christmas party to rival the great all night catastrophe I threw for amanda’s birthday. And hopefully someone will throw the Christmas tree off the back porch and we’ll be evicted, but we’ll be evicted memorably.

Work is going well. But then not so much. Yesterday one of the clerks gave me a patent claim to wade through. We’re only at the evidentiary stage, but with no IP training and ABSOLUTELY no technical background I’m drowning. Trying to sort through standards of review and all this Markman shit is driving me crazy. And I’m just so bored bored bored with it. But it’s important to learn new things. And the clerk who assigned it to me admitted that he has no IP background either. So he’s lost on the logistics right now too.

Meliora is this weekend. And I’m mixed on going. Rochester has lost a lot of its magical pull. And in a lot of ways it’s haunted. (Without clara can it really ever be the same?) I say I’m mixed, but I’m firm on going. And excited, for something familiar.


Last October, though, it was different, Rochester was home, and boston was a nightmare with law school and unfamiliarity. And now I’m smitten with Philadelphia, homesick for Boston and starting to regard Rochester like a jilted lover: it’s tense, but there are good memories. and it isn't as if other jenni (kirschykins) isn't going.

I keep saying that there is NO WAY they’ll confirm harriet miers next month. But I should be clear. There is no way I would confirm her. God knows what the powers that be will really do. They certainly don’t take their cues from me.

And then finally the knee thing. While we had a really good Monday, the knee, as it is a completely separate and alien thing these days, had a really bad day today with swelling and limping and the like. A real shame because today was our solitary weekday without physical therapy. and that's it. i'm writing while bath fresh, and i have to stretch out aforementioned knee and then miss iler and i have a tv date with some tea and pumpkin pie.



Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates