10.30.2005

spooky goodtimes

Ms. Sarah Iler woke me up at 6 am Saturday morning because a baby mouse got stuck on one of the sticky traps. ( we have mice. we also have a MOUSE TRAP variety that includes conventional break your head traps, sticky traps and bags of delicious poison. we also have sarah who is TERRIFIED OF RODENTS and jenn who IS TERRIFIED of DEAD ANIMALS (unless they’ve been cutely retooled into something fashionable). what this means is, I, by default, am MISTRESS OF THE MICE.

Anyway, Sarah apparently belongs in the mid 90s movie the GOOD SON because she wanted me to mix mouse poison with peanut butter and force-feed the baby mouse. (can you even imagine?) (Letting him off the sticky trap wasn’t an option because, clearly he would just sneak back inside and continue his diabolical plot to eat all of the goldfish snack crackers and destroy our lives.) So I had to drown him. in a coffee can.

And that, friends, was my first foray into murder. (unlike some of my friends, I never burned a shed full of puppies alive) I haven’t even killed a bug in years. (it’s part of my whole zen existence.) and baby mouse is certainly BY FAR the largest thing I’ve ever killed and I cried the whole time. But I’m sure I’m about 28 minutes away from joining a death metal band killing my friends and cooking and consuming their flesh. Hello serial murder, here I come.

the weekend is almost over. and even though fabulous daylight savings tacked a whole extra hour into it, I’m still not ready to go back to work. I love that I am PAYING $150,000 to learn how to do something that I DON’T EVEN LIKE.



jenni smith- - -where the fuck are you? you can run, but you can't. . .no wait- you can't run, so therefore. . .
You know I am only joking and am very concerned about your knee. However, this city is not that big. I will hunt you down.
No, problably not, but thought maybe the idea was cool. I have been behind in my blog-stalking of you (yes-very open about that, although I guess it technically isn't stalking) since Dell and I had a falling out that lasted about a month.
Now my computer is back and good to see that you're back.
I'm sure you're busy bc you have a real job, whereas I just go to class and do cruel things to mice in the name of science, but I would like to get together, if you're interested, email me
rdo2@mail.med.upenn.edu  


Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates