12.15.2005

esquire

Today I reorganized my email and condensed my labels into 10 workable labels instead of 1 million labels including old old labels for all my first year classes. (god bless gmail.)

Today I also went to school at 8 am, and then skipped all three of my classes. It was alike a personal day, but not really because I was still at school and profoundly unhappy.

My “urge to knit” is growing. I think it tops the chart of things I would rather do than school work. As a matter of fact the only way I can stop knitting is to go to school. My favorite thing about knitting is that it has made me understand the evangelical urge that people get with jesus. For example: I really want to teach Amanda to knit. And not because she needs a ridiculous hobby (though it would be cute if she made mr. nick st. jean a scarf or Louis a kittie sweater) BUT INSTEAD because I want her to know the joy that can only come from a personal relationship with yarn.

I made super duper hot chocolate from scratch last night. And I made GALLONS of it. So now we have a mason jar of hot chocolate in the refrigerator. I want to go home and drink it, but I can’t! I am stuck at school for a little eternity (unil I finish my fabulous work study job @11pm). I really can’t believe I even bothered to come to school today at all.

The one thing I did accomplish IS I applied to co-op positions for the spring quarter. Now it probably breaks the RULES of co-op to do this but I am going to list my job prospects (alphabetically):

Boston Public Health Commission
Fidelity UK (London)
EMC
Fisher, Law office of Chaz R.
Gilmartin, Magence & Ross
Krokidas & Bluestein
Mass. Division of Capital Asset Management
Mass. Teachers’ Association
O’Reilly, Law Office of Maureen
Sherin & Lodgen

(please note, this will be embarrassing later when I don’t get any of these jobs.)

My first choice would be (oddly?) the Mass Teacher’s Association. I would also really like to be paid to live in London for three months. With the obvious exception of the one in London they’re all in Boston. I think it makes real sense to stay here right now (I’m tired), even though there is a lot of pressure from the co-op office to leave boston if I don’t plan to WORK in boston. But since I’m not going to practice anyway it does not really matter at all what I do ever, or where I do it. Right?

The exception is the labor thing – apparently DC is labor/ union hot spot, so it might make sense to try to work in DC at least once (AND LIVE WITH MOM AND DAD!!) and get some serious labor experience, if that’s what we really think we might do. (assuming the whole ‘divorce people’/family law thing isn’t going to pan.)

Tomorrow (Friday) is official CHRISTMAS COOKIE day. I am going to get up, drive sarah to her FISRT law school exam, buy some butter, go to physical therapy, and then bake 6 types of cookies for the official “joy of baking” mailing that should happen tomorrow afternoon. I’m also going to do the x-mas cards tomorrow. Yay! Holiday joy! Yay!! Alright, more T&E now, and less less chatty chat chat. xox



you should come to NYC (i hear there are some legal opportunities here) and live with meeeee that quarterrrrrrrrrr.  


Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates