4.04.2006

april is the cruellest month

We’re having a productivity problem at work today. I had every intention of getting to work on time and then cleaning my desk off. Tying up my loose ends. Filing my timesheets. (Log those working hours!) And just generally being AMAZING. But alas, it’s 11:06 and tick tick tick. I’m not being a very good workerbee.

IN contrast, I need to tell you. I’m not sure I like co-op. Everyone loves the after work free time. You get up, you go to work, and you come home. And the rest of the day and night is yours to squander. But I don’t have anything to do with my time. My room is immaculate. The bathroom (my primary cleaning responsibility) is spotless (and smells like delicious bleach). I’ve bought EVERYTHING I can afford within reason. My laundry is done. My dry cleaning’s been taken in. I have plans to go out three times this week, and have two highly important “grooming” appointments. But what do I do Wednesday night? I can’t lie, I hate law school. I think it’s a bore and a waste of time. But nothing beats the level of constant forced activity. If I’m not busy I’m not happy: fact.

So I need a hobby. I’m open to suggestions. I could volunteer somewhere? Like a hospital? (I’m sure there is a huge market for 24-year-old candy stripers) I could work at the Gap? I could join a sports team? I could practice the Roger Rabbit on my porch?



Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates