5.17.2006

i could make you pay in pain, but i could never make you stay. not for all the tea in China.

I want to go buy obscenely expensive mascara from macy*s. it’s that sort of day. I hate how my dissatisfaction with my circumstances melts my rage against capitalism. And I guess that’s a pretty good reason to worry about my commitment to my values.

Thank god for the magnetic fields. If it’s not acceptable to curl up under my desk at work, I at least like that I can listen to the musical equivalent of a hysterical breakdown. One week of work left.

Anyway the point is, I can’t go to macy*s. Sanni won’t go with me. She’s busy with her brief and only wants to go if she can return this thing (I say “this thing” because although we always talk about returning it, I actually have no idea what it is) she bought a million years a go that she doesn’t have with her today. So I cannot go at all because the danger of me having a hysterical breakdown in macy*s is high, and if you’re going to implode, you shouldn’t be wandering around alone in public. This is why we have the buddy system. The buddy system ensures that nobody melts down alone.

i could make a career of being blue, I could dress in black and read camus. smoke clove cigarettes and drink vermouth. Like I was seventeen.

In other news, I’ve decided the lower 48 bore me. And as such I will now be attempting to co-op in Alaska or Hawai’i. it doesn’t matter what kind of law, as long as it’s somewhere exotic. Clarita extended a kind invitation to host me at Berkley this fall. So that’s also in the cards. And California is someplace where I might actually consider living even though I’ve never been there. (artic-attorney-jenni or beach-attorney-jenni both aren’t very realistic)


I think that’s it. Smasters and I are going on an epic journey to the city together via bus. I’m splitting time between james and merissa. But there are plenty of citizens of the city that never sleeps that I would like to see. (That’s an open invitation to get in touch while I’m there.) and now i'm sure that's it.



Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates